Digital mobile radio is a method of digitising speech and transmitting it over radio waves, whereas analogue equipment uses 'audible speech', digital radios 'digitise' the speech similar to how a mobile phone does.
Benefits of Digital Radios.
- Astounding speech quality - no static, fading or noise.
- Much greater security - cannot be eavesdropped with traditional scanners, encryption as standard with most radios.
- More features - GPS tracking, lone worker, over the air programming, remote kill/stun, man down and two way radio/telephone system integration are just a few of the amazing features.
- Direct calling - call individual radios directly, without other radios hearing or being aware of the conversation.
- Longer battery life - generally 2-6 hours extra usage over analog radios.
- Better range - stronger signal at the extremities gives a much further usable range.
- Text Messaging - Popular for mobile phones short text messages can now be sent using two-way radio. Using the radios keypad or keypad microphone (optional accessory) you can write a message (or select from a list of pre-programmed messages) and then send it - either to one person from the radios contacts book or to everyone.
If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to speak to one of our technical agents using the live chat, or give us a call on 01535 517007.